If it’s broke, Brian Nix will Fix!
Brian Nix, has more than 125 feet of phonograph and gramophone parts!
Brian Nix has more than 100 spring driven Gramophone and Phonograph Motors!
- Motors are disassembled, cleaned in the 20 gallon parts bath, inspected for damage, springs repaired and assembled;
- Most broken springs are repaired whether broken at the outer or inner end;
- New springs are installed should you need one;
- Stock room has most motor parts;
- Over 100 motors in stock;
- Edison Diamond Disc motors and parts;
- Replace worn gears.
Dr. Brian has over 80 Reproducers and Tone Arms
- Rebuild reproducers with new mica, gaskets and balance springs if needed;
- Rebuild exhibition and Victrola no. 2 reproducers;
- Centre screw waxed like original;
- Repairs to most broken tone arm brackets;
- Floating reproducers repaired;
- Sapphire and diamond needles installed;
- Miscellaneous parts.
Brian Nix’s work shop has all the parts to fix what’s ailing your vintage phonograph or gramophone
- Rebuild or repair governors as needed;
- Bearing ends are repaired if broken off;
- All size governor springs and weights on hand.
Turntables and Cranks
- 80 Turntables;
- 80 Cranks – male and female.
The Gramophone Doctor’s assistant, John Wright
John has been a long time friend and lives 10 minutes from him. He’s the man with all the tools and knows how to use them. Brian hires him for the following jobs:
- To do work on his metal lathe;
- Press off and install worn gears;
- Make parts that are not available;
- Repair gears that have come loose from the shaft.
Darren Wallace is another great friend of Brian Nix and also a member of the Canadian Antique Phonograph Society.
He is a machinist by trade and also knows how to use the tools. Darren specializes in music box repairs. Brian hires him for the following jobs:
- Make gears;
- Cut special threads for feed screws, etc.;
- Make almost any part if there is a pattern;
- Make a new part look old by aging the parts.